Editing is the birth of what you have in mind when shooting.
- In Shooting, think of MONTAGE!
How are you going to tell your story?
Example: What the old man said at that moment could be the beginning of the report.
- Import your images into the video editing software </ strong>
Before you start, think of the construction of your story: what am I going to tell, how I want to start, how to finish, with what moments or what strong or striking words …
- Trimming </ strong>
Listen to the interviews, select the interesting songs by dragging them on the timeline.
The timeline is the heart of your editing, where you compose your story by placing the selected images and sounds.
Transcribed on a notebook the words of the character, to have a written vision of your story and make the narrative process consistent.
- Track 1 for interviews
- Track 2 for section or illustration plans.
- After the “rush”, write your editing plan. </ strong> This interview will be kept and will go here, another interview will not be kept, etc.
- Go to edit. Order interviews to keep only the frame you’re interested in.
Then choose the plans that will come to support the emotion and speech of the character (duration: about 3 to 6 seconds per shot). It can also boost the editing.
Carefully treat the beginning, it is the first seconds that will captivate the viewer. Meaningful remarks are to be favored for the beginning.
The selected plans must have a meaning in relation to the subject. Valorises the plans loaded with meaning.
Watch and watch, make changes if necessary.
For pro who know how to do it:
- Mix the sound, adjust the levels (-6db)
- Add texts: title, synths (first-name + character’s function), signature, even generic
Otherwise send us your capsule (email@example.com) and we can exchange with you to see how to finalize your capsule!